The Kansas City region has a growing investment community that supports technology innovators.
- Angel Capital Group – based in Nashville, Tenn. with a Kansas City network. Membership organization of accredited investors committed to investing in seed and early stage companies.
- Centennial Angel Network – based in Columbia, Mo. Network of accredited investors devoted to funding technology-based start-up and early stage companies.
- Kansas State Angels – based in Manhattan, Kan. Network of accredited investors dedicated to investing in seed and early stage technology-based businesses.
- Mid-America Angels – based in Lenexa, Kan. Regional network of angel investors dedicated to funding start-up businesses in the Kansas City region.
- Women’s Capital Connection – based in Kansas City, Mo. Regional network of angel investors committed to investing in women-led ventures.
Kansas City Regional Venture Capital Funds and Resources
- Open Prairie Ventures* – based in Chicago with a Kansas City office. An early stage venture capital firm focused on investing in promising companies.
- Mariner Private Equity – based in Kansas City. Private equity fund focused on early stage venture investments.
- CC Capital Advisors – based in Kansas City. An independent investment banking firm that provides services to middle-market companies, both public and private. Services include consultation of mergers and acquisitions, capital sourcing and corporate financial and strategic planning.
- Indie Ventures – based in the West Coast with a Kansas City office. An early stage venture capital firm focused on funding new technologies and services in the advertising and media sectors.
- Five Elms Capital – based in Kansas City. Venture capital firm that invests in high-growth, service-based businesses.
- Great Range Capital – based in Kansas City. Great Range Capital is focused on middle-market, control, private equity investing in the Midwest.
- Archer Foundation – based in Overland Park, Kansas. The Archer Foundation’s focus is advancing entrepreneurial achievement in Kansas through community service initiatives and educational opportunities for students and single mothers.
State Funding Resources
- Kansas Angels Tax Credit – Administered by KTEC; this program enables accredited investors to qualify for a 50% tax credit on their cash investment of up to $50,000 in a certified Kansas business.
- Missouri Technology Corporation – Established in Missouri Legislature in 1994; MTC is a private not-for-profit charged with attracting to Missouri more research funding and technology companies within the life sciences, information technology and advanced manufacturing. MTC has various funding and grant programs aimed at growing the bioscience sector in Missouri.
Regional and National Funds and Resources
- Midwest Venture Alliance (MVA) – a network of accredited investors committed to investing in high growth Seed and Venture Funds.
- National Association of Seed and Venture Funds (NASVF) – an organization of private, public, and nonprofit organizations committed to building their local economies by investing and facilitating investment in local entrepreneurs.
- National Venture Capital Association (NVCA) – represents America’s venture capital community.
- For more information about taxes and financial incentives, go to ThinkKC.com.